How would you like to spend the most luxurious, one-of-a-kind, and truly memorable experience in Australia? Australia has a concept called luxury lodges. Like a safari lodge in Africa, these luxury lodges give their guests an incredible sense of place. Every lodge is in a one-of-a-kind breathtaking location.
Imagine yourself within some of the world’s dreamiest landscapes. It’s all about the natural environment with the most exclusive experiences: top-notch service, world-class cuisine, and the warmest hospitality. Australian luxury lodges are a great way to celebrate and retreat.
CATCH A GLIMPSE OF LUXURY
Passionate entrepreneurs invested deeply to create upscale and intimate luxurious lodges. They aim to showcase Australia’s sophistication, breezy, and experiential luxury.
These luxury lodges cover wilderness lodges, dining experiences, vineyard explorations, luxe outback camps, and island hideaways.
- El Questro Homestead, The Kimberley
An untamed natural beauty El Questro is a destination tucked in lush green lawns and burnt-orange cliffs.
Escape into this remote oasis that offers exclusivity and privacy for you, your family, and your friends with bird’s-eye views of the Chamberlain River and Gorge. Surrounded by avenues of frangipani trees and, once inside, offers chic yet cozy and comfortable interiors over the still and tranquil Chamberlain River.
Tour The Lost City and MiriMiri Falls aboard a helicopter. Enjoy a dip at the pristine waters of MiriMiri Falls while savoring a gourmet picnic.
Spend a quiet afternoon at the Zebedee Thermal Spring, be one with nature, rejuvenate and relax.
Dine privately and share stories at one of their cliffside locations! And cap the evening with a locally sourced three-course dinner and matched wines under a blanket of stars.
- Bamurru Plains, Mary River Floodplain
If you want to experience a Wild Bush Luxury experience, I recommend Bamurru Plains. They offer one of Australia’s richest wildlife experiences: tens of thousands of magpie geese mingle with kites, egrets, herons, and buffalo on the floodplain, and kookaburras, parrots, cockatoos, and wallabies inhabit the fringing woodlands.
The Safari Bungalow’s design keeps the guests in touch with the sounds and sights. You’ll get to watch the parade of wildlife emerge into the day. Take a dip in an excellent infinity-edge pool, sit back with a drink, and enjoy the soft Wild Bush Luxury touches.
You won’t miss using your tech gadgets. Wild Bush Luxury unapologetically spares your Safari Bungalow from televisions and the internet. It is the time to be one with nature and the expansive Top End views.
- The Louise, Barossa Valley
This luxury culinary retreat in the heart of wine country is the perfect place to disconnect, reconnect, and truly slow down.
Hundreds of acres of grapevines overlooking South Australia’s world-renowned Barossa Valley region surround this luxury lodge. Each suite has its private terrace and views over the adjacent vineyards, which feature luxurious contemporary design and local artworks.
It is such a treat to sample Appellation’s culinary team offerings. They are harvesting from their kitchen garden, baking their bread, and butchering and curing their meats. Indeed, everything is extraordinary. Celebrate and indulge in an extensive award-winning wine list that showcases the best of the Barossa, Australia, and the world.
A one of a kind experience awaits you:
- Float over the Barossa Valley floor in a hot air balloon and witness a mosaic of vineyards and orchards bound by the Barossa Ranges rising to Eden Valley.
- Explore by e-bike, cruise by endless vineyards, and visit local wineries, cafés, and villages.
- Visit during vintage, the harvest period from late January to late April. With grapes being picked, plucked, and stomped, you might get caught up in action.
- Every Saturday morning, the Barossa Farmer’s Market is the bustling center of the region’s food culture. Stroll among the local producers and farmers, coffee in hand, and collect a few snacks for the day ahead.
- Lizard Island, The Great Barrier Reef
You would probably ask yourself, why come here? Lizard Island is a private and exclusive island getaway set amongst the wonder of the Great Barrier Reef!
An elixir to the soul and the senses, take an hour’s scenic flight over the reef and turquoise waters, powdery white-sand beaches, and bluest of clear blue ocean views from every angle.
How to take advantage of this once-in-a-lifetime trip?
- Lizard Island has many reefs and water activities, from sensational diving, including the famous Cod Hole, or snorkeling straight from the beach to experience coral gardens and brightly colored tropical fish. The nearby Ribbon Reefs are renowned for being some of the best big game fishing globally.
- A motorized dinghy allows guests private access to Lizard Island’s secluded beaches. Take a picnic hamper so you can spend hours exploring. Don’t miss the island’s south side, Blue Lagoon, gently lapping at white sand with its stunning azure water.
- Just around the corner from Anchor Bay and only a short snorkel off the beach in Watsons Bay, discover the Clam Gardens, a colony of giant clams and great reef life.
- Join the resident expert mixologist for a tastebud thrilling gin-tasting session at Driftwood Bar as evening draws in.
NEW SOUTH WALES, AUSTRALIA
- Capella Lodge, Lord Howe Island
Refreshingly off the radar, Capella Lodge, the first lodge in the Baillie Lodges portfolio, is World Heritage-listed Lord Howe Island’s luxury lodge and much-loved retreat. A short flight from Australia’s east coast transports visitors to a natural ‘treasure island,’ a paradise lost in time and perfectly preserved.
Here’s a peek of what awaits you in Capella Lodge:
- Follow a little track down to a grassy picnic area beneath two pine trees and onto the sand of Lover’s Bay, a private slice of paradise. Perfect for sunset drinks, maybe even a skinny dip. Absolute secluded bliss.
- Reserve the coveted corner banquette where diners can take everything in with one glorious head swivel – the bar’s action, the cuisine is appearing on the table, and mesmerizing views of the mountain twins, rising out of the sea.
- Barbecuing is a ‘thing’ on Lord Howe, and there are wood-fired grills scattered across the island in pristine locations. Make it delicious with freshly caught fish, salad greens from the heritage farm down the road, and a local craft beer, all the good stuff found in Capella’s barbeque lunch pack.
- Lake House, Daylesford
Experience the legendary Lake House hospitality that feeds your soul and wellness lives in all the details.
So one asks, what is unique about the Lake House? Culinary excellence, art, natural beauty, and world-class service. Constant innovation and creativity paired with deep respect for provenance is a hallmark of Lake House.
Here are some of the tips to fully take advantage of the Lake House:
- Join an exclusive tour of Dairy Flat Farm which produces much of the raw ingredients for the Lake House menus.
- Head out for the day with a local guide and meet the farmers, producers, and winemakers who passionately connect the ‘paddock to plate.’ Organic and biodynamic producers, rare breed farmers, goat and sheep’s milk cheese, cider, beer and winemakers, bakers, etc. Don’t miss the slow-fermented sourdough and viennoiserie baked by Lake House’s exclusive bakery.
- Visit the Private Treetop Mineral Spa – set in a magical location, private circular spa tubs sit in secluded treetop cabins and look out through the waterfront willow trees.
- Saffire, Freycinet Peninsula
Discreetly overlooking the Hazards Mountains, Freycinet Peninsula, and the pristine waters of Great Oyster Bay, Saffire blends humankind and nature with breathtaking beauty.
Saffire is a toast to the art of service, internal and external wellbeing, local culinary delights, ancient landscapes, and abundant wildlife.
Here’s a list of the must-do’s in Saffire that you should not miss out on:
- Walk to Wineglass Bay and head across the isthmus with the Hazards Mountains anchoring your views along the peninsula.
- Watch a spectacular sunrise at Cape Tourville Lighthouse and enjoy the stunning vista and watch out for whales in the summer months.
- Experience close-up marine wildlife interactions on the Schouten Island Signature Experience. Visit Australian fur seal colonies, spot white-bellied sea eagles, and cruise beside pods of dolphins.
- Hike up Mount Amos in the early morning for the best views over Freycinet National Park
If you are curious about future travel, how to navigate it, and would love a custom-crafted vacation for your needs, click here, and we can get started!
Produced with Luxury Lodges of Australia and Inspired Travel Designs